TV can be used as a secondary monitor for Windows and Mac? – HDMI input ports are the modern technology, where we can use HD TV as a secondary source monitor with the help of these cables or extension ports, some of the older HD TVs have them do DVI connections. But with the HD TVs the HDMI ports you need a cable to connect it to HD TV with your laptop. If the cable was connected to the Mac, PC with the HD TV now you need to put the AV of your TV to HDMI section to get the display on the HD TV. These changes can be done easily through the monitor setting page. Here are some solutions to help you.
Method 1: Change the display settings on the Windows operating system?
To change the display settings in Windows, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Windows Start button and tap the window logo from the keyboard. The start menu opens.
- In Control Panel, click on the Display icon, Settings and then Option located in the lower left side of the menu.
- Click on Option System. You will see it in the settings window.
- Now you need to tap on the Adapter tab, which is on the left side of the display window.
- Now scroll down to the section of several ads section. You will find it near the end of the page.
- Click on the multiple drop-down box.
- Now click on these ads, click on it.
- After you click the Expand These Ads option, your TV screen will act as a continuation of the computer screen.
- Now you can use your advanced TV ad. Now you can see the activities you are doing in the PC as a counterpart to the HD TV.
NOTE : The content on the PC screen will remain as it is after you connected the display to the advanced one.
Procedure 2. Steps to change display settings on the Mac?
To change the display settings on your Mac go as follows:
- Click Apple menu on your Mac machine, click the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the PC screen.
- Click System Preferences option, in the top of the drop-down menu is to open System Preferences.
- Click Displays option, it will be available in the middle of the system settings window.
- Click Icon Display in the upper left of the window.
- Now you need to change the HDMI setting of the TV.
- See the scaled and click on tap the resolution option.
Need help please visit: www.office.com/setup